CLST 4003H. Honors Colloquium on Greek Religion.
University of Arkansas. Spring, 2002. Professor Daniel Levine.
CHOOSING A TERM PAPER TOPIC
The following are offered for your consideration. All students will have
chosen a topic by Spring Break.
- · Healing (medicine and cult)
- · Agriculture (fertility cults)
- · Athletics (games and gods)
- · Erotics (love life and religion)
- · Family (life cycle events, marriage, birth, death, etc.)
- · War (rituals and beliefs)
- · Oracles (how, where, and why)
- · Curse tablets
- · Religious calendars
- · A particular Temple/Sanctuary site
- · Votives
- · _______ as depicted in vase painting
- · A paper on a specific festival, such as the Panathenaia, Anthesteria,
Karneia, Dionysia, Thargelia, Eleusinian Mysteries, Apatouria, etc.
- · Religion in a genre of Greek literature: history, tragedy,
comedy, philosophy, or some specific works.
- · Religion in Civic Life (in Athens, for example)
- Religion and Politics (impiety trials, etc.)
- · Hero worship (Theseus, Heracles, etc.)
- · Nymph worship
- · Worship of a specific god
Professor Levine must approve each paper topic, in consultation with
Return to Main Page: CLST 4003H. Spring, 2002