of the Campus Faculty Meeting
Ro Di Brezzo, Chair
I. Call to Order - Ro Di Brezzo, Campus Faculty Chair
Ro Di Brezzo called the meeting to order at 3:30.
II. Approval of the Agenda
Without objection, the agenda was approved.
III. Minutes of the Spring 2009 Meeting
Without objection, the minutes of the Spring 2009 meeting were approved.
Provost Sharon Gaber spoke on the following items:
1) Improving our undergraduates 6 year graduation rate. Currently, the rate is at 59%. Considering on-line advising tool for all colleges.
2) Increase graduate students and research funding. Continuing search for Dean of Graduate School and International Education as well as Vice Provost for Research and Economic Development.
3) Increase diversity in our students, faculty and staff.
4) Working on responsible enrollment growth. Must invest in and increase the number of faculty lines; must be responsible. Several new tenure track hires were announced. These positions were allotted based on student growth, productivity data, high demand areas, and potential for growth.
5) Beginning FY 2009, the Provost proposes a series of academic infrastructure activities in which to engage for the next 5 years: Class and lab renovations, new tenure track faculty lines, faculty and staff merit raises, library needs, equity adjustments, promotional increase improvements between assistant and associate professor as well as associate and full professor, increase in the number of professional advisors on campus, increase in the number of graduate students and their salaries.
6) Future of the University of Arkansas, academically: continue to provide leadership in teaching, research and service locally and globally; continue to look at programs and program viability; promote conversation among programs and colleges about priorities, needs, certificates and so on; remain current with market demands for curricular offerings within each program.
Please contact the Provost with ideas, suggestions and questions - firstname.lastname@example.org
V. Old Business
VI. New Business
The meeting adjourned at 4:30 pm