Skip To Content

Graduate Assistantships

Graduate Assistant Positions

The majority of graduate assistant positions are awarded and managed by departments/units. These positions may involve teaching, research, or administrative support. To qualify, the student must be regularly admitted into the Graduate School and accepted into a degree program without condition. A Graduate Assistant Application should be submitted directly to the department/unit.

Graduate assistants appointed to at least a 25% position will be classified as in-state students for tuition purposes. Graduate assistants appointed to a least a 50% position will be classified as in-state students for tuition purposes AND will have in-state tuition paid. Miscellaneous fees (activity fees, college fees, etc.), books, housing and other expenses are the responsibility of the student.

As a fringe benefit to the students that have assistantships, the University of Arkansas pays for 60% of your health insurance with UHC.

Some Graduate Assistant Position postings may be found on the Human Resources Website.

For more information, please contact Paula Lasner at (479) 575-5904 or mail

For more information please contact Paula Lasner at (479) 575-5904, or go to the Division of Student Affairs website.