2014 Annual Research and Watershed Conference
This year’s annual conference will be held on July 15-16 in Fayetteville, Ark. at the University of Arkansas Global Campus.
“Watersheds, Wicked Problems and Water Words” is the theme for this year’s conference. Kent Thornton, Systems Ecologist at FTN Associates, will be the keynote speaker and will kick off the concept of a “wicked problem” in water resources management.
This year’s conference will include sessions on:
- Disinfection by-products in drinking water treatment
- Environmental flows: what, why and how?
- Unconventional natural gas extraction: policy and research
- Big Creek and the Buffalo River Watershed
- Water and effective communication
Rounding out this year’s conference, Eric Eckl with Water Words That Work, will give a two part workshop on how water resource organizations can effectively develop and manage modern and professional communications programs.
A variety of hot topic issues will be presented at this year’s conference, which is sure to be informative and exciting. We look forward to seeing you there!
- The University of Arkansas Global Campus is located at 2 E Center St Fayetteville, AR 72701.
- Those who register before July 9th will receive a conference t-shirt.
- A block of rooms has been reserved for conference participants at The Chancellor Hotel located at 70 NE Ave. Fayetteville, AR 72701. To receive the discounted rate, enter 'AWRC' under 'Corporate/Promotion Code' when booking your room.
- Click here to view the Program at a Glance.
- Please register at this link before July 9th.