Welcome to the Food Safety Consortium
- The Food Safety Consortium consists of researchers from the University of Arkansas, Iowa State University and Kansas State University.
- The Consortium was established by Congress in 1988 through a special Cooperative State Research Service grant.
- The Consortium's charge is to conduct extensive investigation into all areas of poultry, beef and pork meat production, from the farm to the consumer's table.
- Each of the university members of the Consortium is primarily performing research associated with the specific animal species for which that university is uniquely qualified: University of Arkansas, poultry; Iowa State University, pork; and Kansas State University, beef.
- Research projects are also coordinated with scientists at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and Arkansas Children's Hospital.
For more information or copies of the Consortium's publications, contact Dave Edmark, Communications Director, Food Safety Consortium, 110 Agriculture Building, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Ark. 72701; 479-575-5647; Fax 479-575-7531, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.