DRPDR016: Disaster Lock Boxes Contents
Disaster Recovery Plan
Disaster Lock Boxes Contents
Last update: Tuesday, 21-Mar-2000 10:33:02 CST
There are two Disaster Lock Boxes that contain copies of the disaster
recovery plan and other vital information that will be useful in a
disaster recovery situation. The boxes are locked because they contain
sensitive information, such as passwords. One box is kept in the off-site
tape storage room at the Bell Engineering Building, Room 108M. The second
box is kept in the tape vault next to the machine room in the Administrative
Services Building, Room 106.
The contents of the lock boxes are as follows:
- A complete printed copy of this disaster recovery plan.
- A complete online copy of this disaster recovery plan suitable
for viewing with "fake-scape" (e.g., viewing through the file browse
function of Netscape). This copy will be on 3.5" diskettes, or on
a CD-ROM mastered for that purpose should content be large enough
to warrant it.
- A sealed envelope containing the root and administrator passwords
for every computer system. Any time the seal is broken on an envelope
containing these passwords, all of the passwords within that envelope
must be changed to avoid security problems.
- Stand-alone utility tapes
- Stand-alone IPL tape ICKDSF (Device Support Facilities)
- Stand-alone IPL tape FDR 5.2 for MVS/ESA
- Stand-alone IPL tape VM/Syback 2.4D
- VM Starter System tapes (contains IPLable Stand-alone ICKDSF
and DDR on File 1 of Volume 1)
- I/O Configuration Program (IOCP) tape
- File 1 = Minimal IOCP
- File 2 = Full Native-mode IOCP
- File 3 = Full LPAR-mode IOCP
The IOCP tape is non-labeled, with 80-byte fixed-length unblocked
- Sun Microsystems Solaris server media kit, which includes
the CD-ROM necessary to install a new copy of the Solaris O.S.
- Sun Microsystems Solaris language products installation CD-ROM.
- Documentation CD-ROMs
- IBM VM/ESA Documentation Set
- IBM MVS/ESA Documentation Set
- IBM Networking Documentation Set
- IBM Transaction Processing and Data Documentation Set
- IBM Printing and Publishing Documentation Set
- IBM Red Books Documentation Set
- IBM Device Support Facilities Documentation Set
- Software AG Documentation Set
- Computer Associates CA-1 Documentation Set
Copyright © 1997 University of Arkansas
All rights reserved