Last update: Tuesday, 21-Mar-2000 10:33:30 CST
Once the platform system software and subsystems are operating
correctly, the task of preparing the remaining
end-user applications can begin. Each platform will have a unique
recovery road to follow. In some cases, there may be very little
to do except for general testing. In other cases, considerable
analysis and data syncronization work will likely be required.
The Applications Recovery Team will be responsible for carrying out
this phase of the recovery. Each application area will require a review.
This review should be conducted by an analyst familiar with the
application while working closely with an application user represenative.
Items to be considered should include:
- Review of the user department Disaster Recovery Plan
with special attention to any "interim" procedures that have been
required in the time period since the disaster event occurred.
- Review of the application documentation concerning
file and database recovery.
- Review the status of files and databases after the general platform
recovery processing is complete.
- Identify any changes to bring the application to a ready for
- Identify any areas where the application must be synchronized
with other applications and coordinate with those application areas.
- Identify and review application outputs to certify the application
ready for production use.
Copyright © 1997 University of Arkansas
All rights reserved