Disaster Recovery Plan
Mainframe Equipment Layout
Last update: Tuesday, 21-Mar-2000 10:34:44 CST
The layout of the mainframe equipment to be installed at the BELL 108
recovery site must be carefully planned. Important aspects to its
- Ensure that all necessary equipment fits into the room.
- Ensure that all manufacturer clearances are followed for each
piece of equipment. These clearances provide space to open doors and
gates for maintenance and sufficient, plus sufficient air to accommodate
blowers and proper heat dissipation.
- Ensure that sufficient space is available between devices for good
air flow from the air conditioning systems.
- Plan power and channel cable paths so that space is available
between devices in the event that equipment must be moved after the
cables have been installed.
- Separate less frequently traveled spaces from those where people
must move about frequently.
This plan includes a suggested layout for the equipment in the
room. Last minute changes can be made to the layout, but do so
BELL108C: Mainframe Equipment Layout Diagram
Copyright © 1997 University of Arkansas
All rights reserved