Short Takes Story Ideas
Does your idea meet the following editorial standards? If not, is it strong enough in other areas to overcome the deficiency?
- Highly visual.
- Interesting to:
- primary audience: alumni, benefactors and parents of prospective students.
- secondary audiences: the campus community, policy makers, business leaders, guidance counselors, media.
- Align with the university’s 150 Forward strategic goals.
- Told from a personal perspective:
- use personal stories not data.
- avoid the feel of institutional "ads" for specific programs, colleges.
- Distinguish the university regionally and nationally.
- Showcase the value and contributions the U of A makes to the state and nation.